If you like simple, nutritious, and tasty soups, this soup is for you.
1 jalapeno, finely chopped and de-seeded
6 baby carrots, chopped
2 small gold potatoes, chopped
2 red onions, very finely chopped
3 Maggi chicken bouillon cubes
3 cloves minced garlic
2 cups red lentils
approx. 1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste (be generous)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
8 cups water
- Soak lentils for 15 minutes. Drain the water a couple times in the beginning.
- Pour olive oil into large pot, just enough to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Heat oil in pot, then add vegetables. Saute on high for about five minutes, stirring often.
- Add drained lentils, spices and bouillon to pot. Mix for about one minute.
- Add water to pot.
- Cover pot and bring to boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with lemon slices and pita bread.
Simple but oh, so yummy! Enjoy!