We have a garden and have had an overproduction of zucchini this year. So, we have had to be creative to use it all up. One of our favorite go-to recipes is Zucchini Bread. It is so good, my husband can’t stop eating it. 😉
Thank you to our friend, Christine, for introducing us to this recipe a few years ago. You can find the official recipe here, but my version is below:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded raw zucchini
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil together.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips together in a separate bowl. Mix by hand into wet mixture.
- Add shredded zucchini to the mixture and mix gently.
- Pour into 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour at 350 degrees F. Remove when toothpick comes out clean.
It is fabulously amazing. Even if you don’t like zucchini, you will love this bread!